Mondays – Messy Monday
Tuesdays – Splash Day (on hold until further notice)
Wednesdays – Walk Together Wednesday
Thursdays – Splash Day (on hold until further notice)
Fridays – Fun Fridays
As our summer program continues, parents will need to keep a close eye on our schedule so that you will know what is in store for your child on any given day. Our summer activities include:
- Messy Monday – We’re getting down and dirty on Mondays, so please be sure to send your child in clothes that are okay to get dirty/stained up.
- Splash day - Splash Days are every Tuesday and Thursday and will require a swimsuit, flip flops/water shoes, sunscreen and towel in a SEPARATE bag. (Please make sure all of your child’s belongings are marked with their name to avoid mix-ups!)
- Walk Together Wednesdays – We will be taking one field trip every week over the summer that will be within walking distance. On walking field trip days children need to wear tennis shoes/socks for optimal comfort. Sandals and flip flops are not recommended.
July 3 - Walking field trip to Boswell Park
July 4-5 – No School! Happy Independence Day!!
July 10 - Walking field trip to the Washburn waterfall
July 12 – Trike-A-Thon, 10:00 AM
July 17 - Walking field trip around Washburn campus
(it's a Sculpture hunt!)
July 24 - Walking field trip to Boswell Park
July 31 - Walking field trip to Boswell Park
July 1-5 – Stars & Stripes
July 8-12 – Bicycle Safety/Trike-A-Thon
July 15-19 – Opposites
July 22-26 – Sports
July 29-Aug 2 – Picnic
July 5 - No School
July 12 - No Show-and-Tell! Trike-A-Thon!
July 19 - FREE CHOICE!
July 26 - Something to do with SPORTS!
Aug 2 - Something you would take on a PICNIC!
Our students will be joining St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital in the fight against childhood cancer by participating in a Trike-a-Thon the week of July 8-12! This is a week-long event and it teaches our students that they have the power to help others. They will also learn trike safety through fun lessons. We’ll end the week with a celebration on Friday, July 12, and you’re invited to come!
This event is extremely important to me personally, as my daughter Aislynn lost her best friend Ariya to cancer just last year, 3 days before she would have celebrated her 6th birthday. We’ll be riding for Ariya, and we encourage you to choose a loved one or family member to raise money for in their honor.
Your involvement is a big part of making this fundraiser a success, and participation is easy!
REGISTER at stjude.org/trike
- Click “Find Your School” and then “Register”
- Additional resources available in your online fundraising center
- Use @stjude and #stjudetrikeathon
- Encourage friends and family to donate online
- Log any offline donations (cash & checks) in your online fundraising center
- Return offline donations to your teacher (checks only)
- Select your prizes via the link sent to you via email post event
- Join us as we practice what we’ve learned
- Bring your child’s helmet and riding toy!